Can't authorize

Dec 30, 2007 at 10:29 PM
I started up FlickrMetadataSynchr 0.8.5.0 and hit Authorize. It brought up Firefox, and I authorized it. However, the status pane for FlickrMetadataSynchr says "The authorization procedure was cancelled. You may try to authorize again." I've restarted the app and hit authorize a few times, and Flickr assures me it's authorized, while FlickrMetadataSynchr just keeps giving me that error. I'm running Vista Ultimate x64, with the firewall turned off.
Coordinator
Dec 30, 2007 at 11:35 PM
Edited Dec 30, 2007 at 11:36 PM

dalangalma wrote:
I started up FlickrMetadataSynchr 0.8.5.0 and hit Authorize. It brought up Firefox, and I authorized it. However, the status pane for FlickrMetadataSynchr says "The authorization procedure was cancelled. You may try to authorize again." I've restarted the app and hit authorize a few times, and Flickr assures me it's authorized, while FlickrMetadataSynchr just keeps giving me that error. I'm running Vista Ultimate x64, with the firewall turned off.


Make sure you answer "Yes" in the dialog box that is popped up by FlickrMetadataSynchr. Do this after you have authorized it in your browser. If you answer "No" in the dialog box, FlickrMetadataSynchr assumes you have cancelled the authorization procedure.
Dec 31, 2007 at 12:33 AM
If there were such a dialog, I would gladly click "Yes" on it. But the only window I see is the main FlickrMetadataSynchr. No other window (aside from Firefox) pops up.
Dec 31, 2007 at 8:19 AM
I've seen this too. The dialog will only appear for me under the debugger, when run directly the MessageBox.Show call returns immediately with MessageBoxResult.Cancel... Maybe it's a 64 bit thing? I tried to repro a small sample but couldn't get it to produce the same effect. There is also nothing in the MS knowledge base that I could find...
Coordinator
Dec 31, 2007 at 9:23 AM

jamessnape wrote:
I've seen this too. The dialog will only appear for me under the debugger, when run directly the MessageBox.Show call returns immediately with MessageBoxResult.Cancel... Maybe it's a 64 bit thing? I tried to repro a small sample but couldn't get it to produce the same effect. There is also nothing in the MS knowledge base that I could find...



dalangalma wrote:
If there were such a dialog, I would gladly click "Yes" on it. But the only window I see is the main FlickrMetadataSynchr. No other window (aside from Firefox) pops up.


Unfortunately, I don't have access to a 64 bit version of Windows Vista so I am unable to reproduce this issue. I have no idea why the dialog box will not open or is closed immediately.

I will create a new version that has more logging around the spot in the code where the dialog box is opened. Stay tuned for more details on how to obtain this version.
Coordinator
Dec 31, 2007 at 9:26 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.