TIFF Tags

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Hi, is there a particular issue with TIFF files (particularly the 'Comments' tag) that they can't have their metatags sync'd with Flickr files or is this something that is awaiting development?

Regards
Ken Murray 

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Hi Ken,

I've never had the need to sync TIFF files. and you are the first to ask about it. It is unlikely that I will add full support for TIFF files in the near future. Actually I have no idea about if it currently works or not.

Regards,
Erwyn

Jan 5, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Hi Erwyn, currently it doesn't work with TIFF 'comments' tags at least. Would save me a lot of hassle if it did as I've already uploaded a lot of TIFFs. Only looked briefly at the C# source code, if you could give me any tips on which classes might need changing then that would be appreciated.

Regards
Ken Murray 

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Hi Ken,

The class Yorrick.FlickrMetadataSynchr.Local.LocalPicturesHelper contains the code that reads/writes metadata in the image files on your hard disk.

Regards,
Erwyn

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:36 PM
Hi Erwyn

Thanks for that. I'm starting a new job next week and have thousands of more photos to scan and a bunch of other things to do. So might be a while before I have a chance to look again at this. If I come up with any useful code I'll send it onto you.

Many Thanks
Ken Murray

On 6 Jan 2011, at 17:12, "erwyn"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Ken,

The class Yorrick.FlickrMetadataSynchr.Local.LocalPicturesHelper contains the code that reads/writes metadata in the image files on your hard disk.

Regards,
Erwyn

Sep 3, 2011 at 12:11 PM
Hi Erwyn

Please find attached your code with changes for allowing TIFF images to be synchronised. Hopefully you'll be able to use it to adapt your program to allow TIFFs to be handled along with JPGs.

Kind Regards
Ken

On 06/01/2011 17:12, erwyn wrote:

Hi Ken,

Regards,
Erwyn

Coordinator
Sep 4, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Hi Ken, Sounds like a great contribution. I don't see the attachment. Please send me a private message (via CodePlex) and I will reply with my e-mailaddress so you can send me the code. Regards, Erwyn