Metadata not being saved?

May 2, 2011 at 1:33 AM
Edited May 2, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Hi, I just downloaded this, and I love it. I am having a bit of a problem with metadata though.

I have windows 7 and a flickr pro account.

When I download my sets ... they download just fine with the correct titles. Even though the log says that the descriptions and tags are being saved and written to the files, they don't appear to be. They are not in the file themselves when I check, and when I upload the synced pictures from my local photo folder to flickr to test them, only the titles and camera info are being saved -- the description and tags are missing.

Am I doing something wrong? the log says the metadata was "updated", but the actual synced metadata is not being written to the photos. When I go to properties >> details, the description and tags from flickr aren't there.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Coordinator
May 2, 2011 at 2:08 AM
Hi, by default for safety reasons the tool only simulates updating metadata. If you uncheck the "simulate" option, the files should be updated. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: zondag 1 mei 2011 21:33
To: Erwyn van der Meer
Subject: Metadata not being saved? [FlickrMetadataSynchr:255928]

Hi, I just downloaded this, and I love it. I am having a bit of a problem with metadata though.

I have windows 7 and a flickr pro account.

When I download my sets ... they download just fine with the correct titles. Even though the log says that the descriptions and tags are being saved and written to the files, they don't appear to be. They are not in the file themselves when I check, and when I upload the synced pictures from my local photo to flickr to test them, only the titles and camera info are being saved -- the description and tags are missing.

Am I doing something wrong? the log says the metadata was "updated", but the actual synced metadata is not being written to the photos. When I go to properties >> details, the description and tags from flickr aren't there.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.