This project is read-only.

Unmatched Photos

Aug 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Are you still maintaining this application? It works great most of the time; however, there are several instances where the logs state "Unmatched local picture based on title/filename with filename : xxx

As a result, many of my files are not updated. However, these files do match to the files uploaded to each set on Flickr.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Aug 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Yes, I still maintain this application. Do you have some concrete examples of files that do have the same title on Flickr as the filename (without extension) that do not get updated?
Aug 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Hi Erwin,

Thank you for responding to me. Upon further review, it appears that files with a period in the name were the issue. I used a batch file renamer to replace these and my issue was solved.

On a separate note, any chance of a new version where one can sync all sets at once across a group of matching folders on their pc?

Thanks.

On Friday, August 2, 2013, Erwyn wrote:

Yes, I still maintain this application. Do you have some concrete examples of files that do have the same title on Flickr as the filename (without extension) that do not get updated?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
--
Michael L. Cutugno
Phone: (917) 804-4090
Aug 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Hi Michael,

If you feel the issue with the period in the filename was a bug in the sync tool, please let me know and I will try to fix it.

I still haven't figured out a good UI to create multiple Flickr set-local folder relationships without making the tool much more complicated. Otherwise the change wouldn't be too complex as the sync code can easily be extended to sync multiple sets. Any ideas for a good user interface for doing this are welcome.

Regards,
Erwyn
Aug 6, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Hi Erwin,,

Appreciate your responsiveness. I do feel that the period in the file name stopping sync is something that is confusing the tool in some way and may be a bug. However, in using the tool more since I first contacted you I think a more pressing issue is the stability in general. Often times it appears that syncing will pause and while there are still files to upload, it is not occurring. The audit function resolves this half the time, but sometimes the tool won't even perform the audit. I have been stuck in this situation a few times and either the task bar icon has had a pop up stating that there are X items to sync or sometimes it just says online. I left it overnight in both scenarios and the syncing just seemed to be locked up unless I killed the processes or restarted my computer.

What exactly is the sync trigger, and how can I prevent this from happening? I am happy to send logs if that will help.

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013, Erwyn wrote:

Hi Michael,

If you feel the issue with the period in the filename was a bug in the sync tool, please let me know and I will try to fix it.

I still haven't figured out a good UI to create multiple Flickr set-local folder relationships without making the tool much more complicated. Otherwise the change wouldn't be too complex as the sync code can easily be extended to sync multiple sets. Any ideas for a good user interface for doing this are welcome.

Regards,
Erwyn

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
--
Michael L. Cutugno
Aug 6, 2013 at 8:32 PM
I can't reproduce any of your issues Michael.

Tonight I've tested with a picture with the Filename "Test. Test.jpg" and title "Test. Test" on Flickr. I deliberately changed the date taken so that wouldn't match anymore. FlickrMetaDataSynchr v1.5.0.0 successfully matched the pictures based on title/filename.

You say "while files are uploading". The tool only supports download, not upload. Typically you would do the download only once, and after that just sync metadata. Depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the download speed from Flickr's servers, this download process can take a while. That is to be expected.

Since the sync and download work is done on a background thread and does not block the user interface, the tool UI never becomes unresponsive for me. The cancel sync button should always work.

I've tested cancelling the sync and download of a Flickr set with 24 pictures midway and that works fine for me.

You mention " task bar icon has had a pop up stating that there are X items to sync". My tool has no such pop up I think. So I am not sure what you mean here.
Aug 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Hi Erwyn,

My apologies, I got my tools mixed up. I was also communicating with the developer of photoSync and that was an issue I was having with his application.

The period issue is an interesting one though. I will try to recreate when I get home tonight and send you a concrete example.

Thanks again.

--
Michael L. Cutugno