Cannot see photosets

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I created a new Flickr account, uploaded some photos, and then ran the program.  It couldn't do anything because I hadn't created a set, so I went back to Flickr and added a couple.  FMS wouldn't see them, even if I reauthorized the account.  I pointed it to a different account which already had sets and thy showed no problem.  I logged it back into the new account, but it still didn't see the sets.  It seems like if there are no sets the first time FMS encounters a Flickr account, it will not be able to any that are subsequently added.

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:14 AM

It seems to have something to do with uploads marked as private.  I uploaded some photos into a new set with the permission set to public, and the set showed up.  However it said there was one photo in it when there should have been 3.  If a set has all private photos it won't show.

Can FMS work with private photos?  Since I am using this as a middle step to sync tags between several computers and keep an online backup of my collection, I am not really interested in having everything public.

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2009 at 6:44 AM

Yes, FlickrMetadataSynchr can work with private photos. I do this when testing the tool for example. I cannot reproduce the issue you mentioned. I created a set with just one private picture in it and it shows up correctly in FMS and with the right number of photos displayed.

What kind of Flickr account do you have? This might be a limitation of your account type. I know the free accounts has limits like a max of three sets and no download of pictures in the original format. I would highly recommend having a Pro account on Flickr.